Welcome

I hope you enjoy and find my blog useful. Please feel free to link, comment, or give your advice. Make yourself at home and come back daily as I will be updating daily.
Grace and Peace,
Ed
My photo
I'm a 54 year old Husband, Father of Four Daughters, Pastor and Vice Principal of a private K-12 school on Long Island.

Monday, July 25, 2011

Back from Vacation!

My wife and I had a great vacation! Went to the beach, stayed in NYC, saw Zarkana, saw the sunset from the Top of Rockefeller Center (70 stories high) and had some wonderful meals together.

I gained a total of 10 lbs during that time but that's what I expected as we did not exercise (except for miles of walking in the city) and no recording of our food choices. I am back on the program and will be doing partial fasts until I lose the additional 10 lbs (probably 5-7 days).

All in all the "Maker's Diet for Weight Loss" that we are following is working great! We feel better and are losing weight at a sensible rate. My daughters are also following the plan and together the family has lost over 75 lbs in a little under a month and we feel better too. My blood pressure is declining (a good thing!) and our clothes are fitting better (some are falling off!).

I thank God for His grace in all of this. First by leading me to Jordan's great books and then by helping me to keep Him and His kingdom in front of me as the prize! The bible says in the book of Hebrews that we are to keep looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith who FOR THE JOY SET BEFORE HIM ENDURED THE CROSS. That is a great lesson for us as well! Keep your goal before you as you sacrifice the momentary pleasure of foods you may miss or times you would just like to pass on your daily exercise! You will reach your goal if you keep your eyes focused on it and endure with patience until your there!!

Grace and peace,
Ed

No comments:

Upper Room Christian School

My Pet Guest List

Medical Disclaimer

These statements have not been evaluated by the food and drug administration. This blog is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent disease. You should consult with your medical professional before beginning any diet or exercise program!

Intelectual Property

The contents of this blog are the property and oppinion of it's writer and no reproduction is intended without advance permission.