Welcome

I hope you enjoy and find my blog useful. Please feel free to link, comment, or give your advice. Make yourself at home and come back daily as I will be updating daily.
Grace and Peace,
Ed
My photo
I'm a 54 year old Husband, Father of Four Daughters, Pastor and Vice Principal of a private K-12 school on Long Island.

Sunday, July 3, 2011

The Dawning of a New Day!

I have been using the "Spark People" website for about a year now and it remains one of my favorite web sites! While I have not lost the weight I wanted to as of yet it has continued to educate and inspire me throughout the year with informative e-mails, recipes and articles of interest for a healthy lifestyle.

I began reading Jordan Rubin's best selling book "The Maker's Diet" in the beginning of June and have subsequently read his book "The Maker's Diet for Weight Loss" as well. I have been totally inspired to embark on a journey to health using the principles in his books.

Today I began a 10 day "Summer Fast" to kick start my program and am doing a total pantry/refrigerator/freezer clean out in preparation for my new dietary guidelines. While my wife and kids plan to do this plan as well, the cleanout is going to be hard for my wife as she is very frugal and hates throwing anything out. I plan to document my entire journey here as well as on "Spark People" as a journal for myself as well as a possible inspiration for others.

I have been exercising 6 days a week since June 1st and will continue as well as making other minor changes in preparation to today's "official start".

Well, here's to a new/healthier me and subsequently healthier family! To God be the glory!

Grace and Peace,
Ed

No comments:

Upper Room Christian School

My Pet Guest List

Medical Disclaimer

These statements have not been evaluated by the food and drug administration. This blog is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent disease. You should consult with your medical professional before beginning any diet or exercise program!

Intelectual Property

The contents of this blog are the property and oppinion of it's writer and no reproduction is intended without advance permission.